Sorry Mophie and those alike. That’s what Apple should be saying right about now as the maker of the iPhone and iPad just released a battery case that is compatible with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s. Yes, despite the slight difference in size, this battery case iPhone accessory will work with both handsets.
What makes this battery case slightly different are two things.
The first is a soft elastomer hinge. This allows you to just peel back the top of the case to remove or insert the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s. Most battery cases that are analogous to this use either a separate case system – which I like – or a two part hard plastic case that splits open and snaps back into place. Apple says this makes it easy to put the iPhone 6s Smart Battery case on and off.
The second is that the battery case will talk to your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s and display “the intelligent battery status” on the iPhone’s lock screen and in the notification center allowing you to quickly glance at your phone and know how much juice is left.
That said, the iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case will supposedly net you up to 25 hours of additional talk time, 18 more hours of Internet use on LTE, and video playback up to 20 hours.
For those with a charging dock, fear not, as this case is compatible, at least with the iPhone Lightning Dock.
The iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case is available now in black or white for $99.
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best iPhone 5 Battery Cases (list)
- Ampware Crank Case Charges iPhone by Hand
- Case-Mate Fuel iPhone 3GS Battery Pack Review
- Incipio offGrid Pro Review
- iPhone X Wireless Battery Case Offers Protection And Charge
- Jackery Leaf Premium iPhone 5s Battery Case Review
- myCharge Freedom 2000 iPhone Battery Case Review
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX iPhone 5s Battery Case Review
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s Review
- This Battery Case Is Completely Waterproof
- Ventev Powercase 2000 Review