There is no shortage of home security options. There are big systems, like ADT, to small, such as Netgear’s Arlo wireless webcams. Entering the fray is a device called Angee. It’s currently has 3 days left on Kickstarter and so far has raised over $470,000. Validation? You bet. What is it? Keep reading.
In short, Angee is another home security system. It connects to WiFi and can detect motion/activity thanks to a rotating camera system that can cover 360 degrees. It’s further complemented by wireless sensors, called security tags, that can be stuck on windows or near doors and enhance Angee’s coverage.
What makes Angee unique, aside from its spinning camera system, is that it works with phones to authenticate. Walk into the room, Bluetooth is on, and Angee will recognize you, provided you’ve been added to the safe list. Phone dies? No problem. There is voice recognition as well, which can also be used for two-step authentication.
Angee is 100% battery operated and should last up to 10 hours. Presumably there is some sort of charging station as well as the ability to work while plugged in. It’s not clear how many Angees can work together, but I’d also assume you can have more than one. That in mind, though, it would seem that the company behind Angee, Angee Inc, is targeting this security system at apartments and small homes where there are both limited rooms and limited points of entry.
Angee won’t call the police or fire department, but instead will send its owner a notification if it detects some sort of intrusion.
Angee can also double as a two way webcam, allowing you to interact with those on the other end. Moreover, it can capture moments, good or bad, to its internal storage if the power and WiFi goes out, or to 1GB of free cloud storage.
Needless to say battery life and its limited reach (one room) should be a bit of cause for concern. And while there is a privacy mode to ensure that things aren’t captured that shouldn’t be, there is always the threat of somebody hacking their way in and using the system against its owner (e.g not home, now let’s go break in).
The Angee will retail for $429, though you can still snag one for $309, if you’re quick.
Also why not check out:
- $15 Motion Sensitive Window Alarm
- A $2 Wireless Emitter Can Beat SimpliSafe’s Home Security System
- abode Challenges Scout Alarm in the “Ultra-DIY” Home Security Market
- ADT Announces Pulse: A Feature-Rich New Smart Home Security Product
- Alarm Sounding Beach Safe Keeps Your Valuables Protected
- Another Personal, Internet Based Alarm System: InGrid
- BeOn Smart Light Bulbs Offer An Instant Layer of Home Security
- Best Home Security for Las Vegas
- Best Home Security System: Top 5 of 2020
- Best Home Security Systems in Atlanta
- BoxLock Will Protect Your Home Deliveries
- Burglar Blaster Detects Home Intruders, Fires Pepper Spray
- Canary Home Security Review
- Caution: Some Home Security Cameras Might Share Your Private Videos
- Circle Parental Filter Controls And Internet Filtering
- Cocoon Is A Smart Device That Will Protect Your Home
- Defender 4K Wired Security System Review
- Dojo Monitors Your Smart Home Network for Wi-Fi Dangers
- FrontPoint Home Security System Review
- Frontpoint Security Offers A Truly Customizable DIY Security System
- Gate Camera Smart Lock Is Packed With Security Features
- Honeywell Lyric Home Security System
- iCamera Keep Pro Home Security System Review
- Ideal Security Wireless Motion Sensor Starter Package
- Kevin Is A Virtual Roommate That Protects Against Burglars
- KeyWe Is A Smart Lock For Your Home
- LiveWatch Home Security System Review
- MYNT ES Smart GPS Tracker: Track Your Gadgets Any Where
- Nest Security Review Roundup
- Novi 4-in-1 HD Home Security System Review
- Olarm Is The Next Generation Of Home Security
- Piper nv Home Security System Review
- Protect America Home Security System Review
- Ring Device Sales Halted as ADT Lawsuit Progresses
- Scout Alarm Home Security Review
- Scout Video Doorbell Review
- Securmate Is A Simple Scalable Security System
- Sesame Smart Lock Reinvents The Key
- SimpliSafe Home Security System Review
- SkylinkNet Alarm System Kit Protects Your Home In A Smarter Way
- The Cavius Personal Alarm Can Not Only Scare A Would Be Thief, But Has A Smoke And Sensor Alarm
- The igloohome Smart Mortise Lock Is A Premium Smart Lock
- The Internet Alarm System for Your House: Alert Me
- UltraloQ UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Touchscreen Smart Lever Lock
- Xfinity Home Security vs ADT – The Key Difference