The best Android smartwatch just got better.
Android Wear benefits greatly from Google updates designed to enhance compatible smart watches, and the latest upgrade is no exception…especially for music lovers.
The particularly unique feature that comes with this holiday update is the ability to play music directly from your smart watch instead of merely controlling smartphone music. You can download songs directly to your smart watch using a new sync function, and then play songs via compatible Bluetooth headphones.
This is a useful little Android Wear feature that is especially beneficial if you feel like going out for a walk or a run but don’t want to carry any additional devices around. Of course, with a storage limit of only a few GBs, you’ll have to pick your songs with care, but it’s still a nifty feature.
Smart watch music is far from the only new feature Google added with the latest Android Wear update. In addition to a couple dozen new watch faces for you to play with, the Google notification cards have also been retooled and there are new capabilities, including mute and quick settings that you can control with just a swipe. Google has also introduced some better battery functions that allow you to chart how much battery life individual apps are sapping.
As long as you are using Android Wear and an Android 4.3 or later system on your phone, you can download the latest update and start exploring it.
Also why not check out:
- $10 Smart Watch? Fastfox Smart Sports Wristband Review
- 7 Things To Know About The Kairos Smartwatch Hybrid (list/video)
- 8 Things To Know About The Moment Smartwatch (list/video)
- Best Smartwatch for Kids
- Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
- Dart: Autofill and Customize Emails on the iWatch
- EMBRACE+ Smart Notification Bracelet for iPhone and Android
- Everything You Need to Know About The Apple Watch (list)
- LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE review
- Looxcie LX 2 Wearable Video Cam Review
- Montblanc’s eStrap Turns A Luxury Watch Into A Smartwatch
- Rumored Apple iWatch Could Feature UV Sensor
- Samsung Gear 2 Review
- Secret USB Flash Drive Watch
- Stay In Touch With A Loved One With The TapTap Wristband
- Telson TWC 1150 Camera / Phone / Watch
- The Geak Watch 2: A Smart Watch Fit for Bond
- The Klatz Is A Smartwatch And An iPhone Headset In One