If you travel a lot, you’ve probably gotten your stuff stolen from a hotel room. Or, if you go home to visit your parents every Christmas, you’ve experienced the sheer pain that is Mom and Dad forgetting you’re not eight and just barging in. But with Add-A-Lock, you can get some possibly much needed privacy.
It’s a smart solution, too. It’s not a “lock” in the sense that it’s keyed, but rather a lock in the sense that it keeps the door from opening. Essentially, you hook a small piece of steel on the strike of the door, or if you prefer technical language, the sticky-outy bolt thingie. Close the door, slide a steel nub embedded in the plastic handle into the handy hole (wait, what did I just write?), and you’ve got an instant lock on the door.
It’s a fairly quick installation, and, fortunately for your safety, it comes off equally quickly: Just pull out the rod, pull off the handle, and open the door: The Add-A-Lock springs off. If there’s a fire in your hotel room or you need to get out quickly for other reasons, it’s good to, you know, not be trapped.
There are a few trade-offs. You won’t be able to use this on doors that open outward, for example, and you won’t be able to install it in any room you don’t happen to be inside: There’s simply no way to make that happen. But, if you would like a measure of privacy when you’re settling down for the night, or just stay in a hotel with very insistent maids who need to back off, this might grant you a measure of peace, at least. It’s currently available for $20 on Amazon.
Also why not check out:
- August Door Lock Review
- Auto Locking Computer Proximity Sensor
- Covert Magnetic Lock
- Elgato Smart Key Review
- Gate Camera Smart Lock Is Packed With Security Features
- Gate Smart Lock Review
- Here’s How To Crack A Combination Lock Quickly
- KeyWe Is A Smart Lock For Your Home
- Kwikset Kevo Plus Review: Unlock Your Door From Anywhere
- Kwikset Kevo Smartlock Review
- Kwikset SmartCode Lever with Home Connect Review
- Masterlock dialSpeed 1500EDBX Padlock Review
- Nuki 2.0 Keyless Smartlock For The UK Market Review
- OKIDOKEYS Smart Lock Review: Lock and App
- Prodigy SmartLock Intelligent Interconnect 4000
- Schlage Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt Review
- Schlage LiNK System Review
- Smado Smart Lock Review
- The igloohome Smart Mortise Lock Is A Premium Smart Lock
- The KeyDisk 2 Is A Keychain For Modern Times
- The Soft Key Lock Is Essentially Unpickable
- This Clear Acrylic Lock Lets You Learn How To Pick
- UltraloQ UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Touchscreen Smart Lever Lock
- Unlock Your Front Door From Anywhere In The World With Genie Smart Lock
- Voice Activated Lock Box