The Qi standard is one of the most popular for wireless chargers – those handy devices that take your physical chargers and turn them into a disc, plate or dock that can charge your phone just by putting it down on the surface. Out of the hundreds of Q-compatible products, we’ve picked out a few of the best Qi wireless charging devices for charging your mobile device like a boss.
- 1 1. DigiYes USB PowerQi
- 2 2. Air Dock 2.0
- 3 3. Tylt Vu
- 4 5. Anker Ultra-Slim Qi-Enabled Wireless Charging Pad
- 5 6. PowerBot PB1020
1. DigiYes USB PowerQi
The DigiYes USB PowerQi device represents a popular and effective trend in Qi wireless charging devices – creating small, roundish platforms in a variety of fun colors that happily sit there, a little like a coffee coaster, and wait for your phone or other mobile device. Like many of the latest Qi devices, it will go into standby mode if your device is fully charged, thus preventing damage to your battery through overcharging. It’s also easy to start a charge, without the tricky magnetic alignment that some wireless chargers require. If you don’t like the round shape, there are some oblong and triangular options for the PowerQi, too.
You can buy this model for a very discounted price of $14.
2. Air Dock 2.0
Air Dock is a great Qi wireless charger to stick in awkward locations, particularly vehicles and similar spaces. It comes with a mount, a long neck, and a “nano suction” charging pad waiting on the other end. The 2.0 version offers greater flexibility and a better transmitter than the original model. For now, the 2.0 project is still a (nearly successful) Indiegogo project, and when released it is expected to sell for around $109, so keep an eye on this one.
Contribute to the project or reserve your preorder here.
3. Tylt Vu
The most attractive feature of the Tylt is its unique design, which looks as much like a handy phone stand as it does a wireless charging solution. The simple angles of the Tylt Vu would be at home on any desk, and with the viewing angle you can still easily check your phone for messages. A small gap in the back is ideal for slipping cords through and avoiding any tangles. There’s also a welcome charging indicator light. This model comes in several different bright colors, but you can also choose black.
You can find the Tylt Vu for around $70.
4. Nillkin Energy Stone
Maybe you’ve found the phone options so far to be a little prosaic. Perhaps you want something that looks more futuristic, the way a wireless charger should be. Then you may prefer the Nillkin Energy Stone, which does indeed look like a sci-fi MacGuffin and can charge a variety of phone models with its multiple induction sites, allowing for somewhat lazy placement. You can use a kickstand to prop this Qi wireless charging pad up, or lay it down on its side. However, the Stone is designed for a few specific brands, including Nexus and Lumia, so you want may want to double-check and make sure your phone will be compatible.
You can find the Nillkin Energy Stone for around $40.
5. Anker Ultra-Slim Qi-Enabled Wireless Charging Pad
If the other round chargers weren’t quite enough like coasters, you’ll love this Anker version, which is indeed ultra-slim and looks very much like something you would set your cup down on (Anker also eschews the bright colors of the DigiYes model for a simple black design). There’s a basic LED indicator for charging, a small power cord, and that’s about it. This model stands out as energy-efficient, minimalistic, and effective.
You can find the Anker Ultra-Slim Charging Pad for around $23.
6. PowerBot PB1020
The PowerBot is more of a hockey puck than a coffee coaster, but it has a friendly, round design that will feel at home pretty much anywhere you put it. PowerBot has designed this model to be particular easy to use. Drop your phone on it, and it will start charging. The model works with multiple types of chargers, has an LED indicator, and comes with two of its own microUSB cables.
You can find the PowerBot PB1020 for $19.
Also why not check out:
- 12 Portable Chargers That Work Both With iPhone and Android Phones (list)
- 3-In-1 Hand-Warming Phone Charger Is Perfect For Traveling This Winter
- Ampere is a Smart Wireless Charging Sleeve To Charge Your Smartphones
- AMPY: Power Your Devices With Your Daily Motion
- ARK is a Portable, Battery That Wirelessly Charges Your Phone
- Best Portable Phone Charger
- Bolt Battery Backup Charger Will Keep Your Phone On No Matter What Thanks to a Built-in Battery
- Charge Your Smartphone In Just Five Minutes With Zap&Go
- ChargeAll Is A Portable Wall Charger Alternative For All Your Devices
- Chargerito is The Smallest iPhone 6 Charger, Fits on Your Keychain
- Cota Might Finally Make Wireless Power A Reality
- DuPont Wants To Turn Your Countertop Into A Wireless Charger
- Energizer Debuts Universal Wireless Charging System
- Eton BoostTurbine Hand Crankable Battery is Apocalypse Approved
- Fuel + Mobile Rechargeable Battery 9000mAH Review
- GoKey Is A Keychain Sized Portable Charger
- Gomadic High Capacity Rechargeable Battery Review
- Griffin PowerDuo Reserve Review
- HooToo TripMate Is A Portable Charger And A Travel Router As Well
- Hyrdoelectric Power Plant In A Backpack Now For Real
- i.Sound Portable Power Max 16,000 mAH Backup Battery Review
- Kensington Launches USB AAA Battery Charger, The Rechargeable Pocket Booster
- Lightors: USB Rechargeable Batteries You Need In Your Life
- Limefuel Rugged 15,000 mAh Battery Case Can Survive Anything
- Lithiumcard Is A Unique Charger That Can Fit Inside Your Wallet
- Mili Adds Power Miracle & Power Crystal Battery Packs
- Mophie Juice Pack Pro Powerstation Review
- Mophie’s Powerstation XL Packs A Crazy 12,000mAH
- myCharge Peak 6000 Review
- NFTY PL+S Is the Only Smart Charger You’ll Ever Need
- NomadPlus Transforms Your iPhone Wall Plug Into A Portable Charger
- NoPoPo Eco Water-Powered AA Batteries
- Poseidon Portable Charger Is Built Tough
- PowerDock Delivers Fast Wireless Charging
- Powerocks Magicstick Adds Power To Your Phone
- PowerSkin Doubles Battery Life for Android Devices
- SecondWind Disposable Battery Charger
- Smart Wallet Is A Fashion Accessory That Can Act As A Portable Charger
- SolePower Puts A Backup Battery In Your Sneaker
- Sony CPF10LS 10,000 mAh Portable Charger Review
- Star Wars Inspired Darth Vader Lightsaber Portable Battery Charger
- Supercharge Your Devices with the Limefuel Blast Battery Pack (27% Off)
- Technocel PowerPak USB Battery Review
- The Cabin iPhone Charger Shares Apple’s Design Philosophy
- The Dark Energy Reservoir Charges Your Smartphone, Not Your New Age Beliefs
- The Days Of Battery Frustration Are Over With “Instaload” Tech
- The Jump Combines A Power Cable And A Battery In One Device
- The Power Box Pedal Generator Fits In Your Backpack
- The Power Donut Lets You Bring A Power Strip Everywhere You Go
- The Power Pen: Charge Your Phone AND Write
- The ZENS Qi Car Charger Is Cord-Free And Worry-Free
- Titan I portable power source
- Toshiba Dynario: The First Ever Fuel Cell Gadget Charger
- Twist: An ultra-portable universal adapter for your MacBook
- Ultrapak Tour Gets Your Phone Charged Fast
- Upp: Your Own Personal Hydrogen Fuel Cell
- Win a Powerskin Battery Pack for Your Smartphone from GadgetReview
- X-Power1: An iPhone USB Cord With A Built-in Rechargeable Battery
- Xtrememac’s InCharge Mobile Battery Pack Delivers 2300mAh
- Zip Mini Touch-n-go Review
- ZipCharge Battery: 2 Hours Of Juice From A 60 Second Charge