Is it just us, or is this year already flying fast…we’re already four months into 2013! To help slow life down a bit, indulge in some you time by taking in some of our top picks on movies that are currently streaming on Netflix this month. We have everything from action, TV shows, comedies and more, so go ahead and indulge in a lazy weekend afternoon or a late-night week day with some of our top movies for April!
23. Black Hawk Down
The war-themed flick is about 123 elite U.S. soldiers that are dropped off into Somalia to capture two top lieutenants of a renegade warlord and find themselves in a desperate battle with a large force of heavily-armed Somalis.
22. Like Water
MMA fans will like this one! The documentary follows one of the sport’s greatest contenders, Anderson Silva, as he prepares to crown his four-year run as the unbeaten king of the sport with a record 12th straight win in the UFC.
Robert De Niro stars in this drama about a Freelancing former US intelligence agent trying to track down a mysterious package that is wanted by both the Irish and the Russians.
20. Captain America
This flick follows the adventures of the first Avengers super hero, Captain America as he tries to save the world from the Nazis and their evil plan.
Here’s another Avengers super hero flick, this time about the powerful but arrogant warrior Thor, who is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders.
18. MI4: Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
The fourth movie in the franchise has Tom Cruise again playing Ethan Hunt who has to go rogue to clear their organization’s name.
17. Casa de mi Padre
The Will Ferrell comedy is about the Alvarez brothers who need to find a way to save their father’s ranch while finding themselves at war with Mexico’s most feared drug lord.
A young Amish boy is sole witness to a murder; policeman John Book goes into hiding in Amish country to protect him until the trial.
15. The Devil’s Double
A chilling vision of the House of Saddam Hussein comes to life through the eyes of the man who was forced to become the double of Hussein’s sadistic son.
13. Clue The Movie
You love the board game, now watch the movie inspired by the family loved game as it’s told in a comedy.
12. The Untouchables
Federal Agent Eliot Ness sets out to stop Al Capone; because of rampant corruption, he assembles a small, hand-picked team.
HBO’s Bill Maher’s satirical take on the current state of world religion.
10. Bloomberg Game Changers Jay-Z
A documentary on hip-hop’s biggest name, Jay-Z. Raised in the projects of Brooklyn, Shawn Carter overcame a hardscrabble childhood and blossomed into rapper and mogul Jay-Z.
9. School Ties
See Matt Damon before he was super famous in this flick about A Jewish boy who goes to an elite prep school in the 1950’s and hides his religion until a jealous bigot forces it out in the open.
8. Top Gun
One of Tom Cruise’s top movies, you’ll love the action in the flick that’s about a hot shot pilot, who is a daring young flyer that learns a few things from a civilian instructor that are not taught in the classroom.
7. Career Opportunities
An slightly less popular John Hughes flick, this one is about Josie, the daughter of the town’s wealthiest businessman, who faces problems at home and wishes to leave home, but is disorientated. Her decision is finalized after she falls asleep in a Target dressing room, and awakes to find that she is locked in the store overnight with the janitor, Jim, the town “no hoper” and liar.
6. Hustle & Flow
The indie film is about a pimp who wants to become a rapper and leave his drug-dealing and pimp ways behind him.
5. House of Cards
This is Netflix’s own series about Francis Underwood and how he has his hands on every secret in politics – and is willing to betray them all to become President.
4. Nitro Circus
The action sports show on MTV shows some of the game’s top stars do crazy a** stunts.
3. Mad Men Season 5
Catch up on all of Don Draper’s escapades on the last season of AMC’s popular period show.
2. Eddie Murphy Raw
It’s going to make you laugh your a** off! The stand up comedy of Eddie Murphy in his prime is the best yet!
1. Top Gear Season 18
Catch up on the British favorite that showcases some of the world’s awesome rides.
Also why not check out:
- 15 New Netflix Titles For November, Includes Skyfall, Olympus Has Fallen and Red Dawn (list)
- 16 NSFW Movies Streaming on Netflix (list)
- 17 Netflix Movies (and some TV) Streaming This Halloween to Scare Yourself Silly (list)
- 18 Memorial Day Netflix Streaming Flicks (list)
- 18 Must See Netflix Movies (and some TV) for September 2013 (list)
- 18 Netflix Movies for Mother’s Day (list)
- 20 Must See Netflix Movies (and some TV) for May 2013 (list)
- 20 of the Best Movie and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix for February 2013 (list)
- 20 Scary Movies Streaming on Netflix for Halloween (list)
- 21 Must See Netflix Movies for March 2013 (list)
- 21 of the Best Action Movies on Amazon Prime (list)
- 26 Kung Fu Movies Streaming on Netflix (list)
- 26 Must See Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix for August (list)
- 30 of the Best Action Movies Streaming on Netflix (list)
- Amazon Prime Streaming vs Netflix (comparison)
- Amazon Prime VS. Amazon Instant Video (comparison)
- Netflix And VUDU Now Available On Boxee Box, 1-month Free Trial And 1 Free HD Movie
- Netflix to Introduce User Profiles This Summer, Ergo Better Recommendations
- Netflix Updates Web Video Player
- Netflix vs Blockbuster (comparison)
- Netflix vs. VUDU (comparison)
- Netflix Weekend Must Watch: 10 Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix as of December 14, 2012 (list)
- Netflix Weekend Must Watch: 10 Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix as of December 7th, 2012
- Redbox vs. VUDU (comparison)