Halloween is only days away, and to help prepare for the day’s festivities, we’ve compiled a list of some of our must-see scary movies you can now stream on Netflix! Some are classic remakes and others are just bone-chilling thrillers…but all will definitely get you in the haunting mood for Halloween! Just make sure you have some friends around to watch them ’cause you might be sleeping with the lights on otherwise!
20. Paranormal Activity 3
Part three of the popular Paranormal franchise is just as bone-chilling as the first one and depicts how an evil, murderous ghost haunts a San Diego home.
19. Saw: The Final Chapter
The final movie about the jigsaw killer makes for lots of nightmares as the movie shows flashbacks from previous human traps following his death in Saw III.
18. Paranormal Activity 2
Filmed as if it were a reality TV show, scary stuff happens to a family whose house is haunted by not-so-friendly ghosts.
17. The Human Centipede 2
The first one was bad but this one is WORSE! A copycat wants to create the ultimate human centipede…using 12 people as part of his experiment.
The supernatural thriller is about an atheist whose hand’s and feet start to bleed like Christ’s wounds on the cross, which puts her in scary movie terriorty.
Haunted houses are always great landscapes for scary movies! This one is about how a family can’t escape their old haunted house even in a new home.
14. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
This one may put you off from clowns forever! So a bunch of killer alien clowns come down to Earth to harvest loads of small-town victims that they cocoon into cotton candy to eat later.
A hooked-hand creature becomes a reality when others believe in him and a grad student just made him too real as he haunts her and friends.
12. Session 9
An asbestos remover claims he can clean up an abandoned psychiatric hospital in a week…that is until he discovers some history about is very gruesome past.
This classic remake will make you afraid of checking into small and strange hotels as it depicts the story of the Norman Bates and his eerie hotel that can be deadly for anyone that stays there.
Based on the 1950s E.C. comic books, this movie has a bunch of smaller horror stories that include radioactive meteorites, a creepy Father’s Day present, a monster in a crate and more.
9. Seed of Chucky
Chucky is back…and with child! The murderous doll gets help from his son as he continues his killing spree with his blood-hungry wife, Tiffany.
8. The Omen
Parents of an adopted little boy come to find out that their sweet new kid is the spawn of the devil!
7. Let the Right One In
Living in a small town is always bad during Halloween, cause it’s always the background for scary movies like this one! So a preteen who is bullied in a town plagued by murders spends his time plotting revenge until he meets a vampire who steals his heart.
Never make fun of people because they just might come back to kill you! This remake of the classic 1976 horror film finds the misfit Carrie getting revenge on all the cool kids who bullied her.
5. Tucker & Dale vs Evil
This one is more cornball than scary, but it will give you a few laughs and scares. Two friends go through some adventures when they’re thought to be psychotic killers while on vacation.
4. Monkey Shines
A quadriplegic man has a super smart monkey help him out, but starts to become evil as it acts out on Allan’s thoughts and desires that aren’t always nice!
3. The Human Centipede: First Sequence
This is seriously a hard horror film to stomach…It’s about two girls who end up with at the wrong house asking for help when their cars break down while parting in Germany. They then become the experiment of a crazy ass doctor.
Clive Barker’s directing debut is the perfect scary movie for Halloween! It follows a couple who move into an old house and discover a pretty hideous create hiding upstairs. Turns out it used to be the guy’s half –brother and the wife’s ex that has been possessed by three demons.
1. Children of the Corn
This one has to be one of Stephen King’s best books and is just as scary in movie form! A town ruled by murderous kids isn’t a great place for a stranded couple to end up in.
Also why not check out:
- 15 New Netflix Titles For November, Includes Skyfall, Olympus Has Fallen and Red Dawn (list)
- 16 NSFW Movies Streaming on Netflix (list)
- 17 Netflix Movies (and some TV) Streaming This Halloween to Scare Yourself Silly (list)
- 18 Memorial Day Netflix Streaming Flicks (list)
- 18 Must See Netflix Movies (and some TV) for September 2013 (list)
- 18 Netflix Movies for Mother’s Day (list)
- 20 Must See Netflix Movies (and some TV) for May 2013 (list)
- 20 of the Best Movie and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix for February 2013 (list)
- 21 Must See Netflix Movies for March 2013 (list)
- 21 of the Best Action Movies on Amazon Prime (list)
- 23 Must See Netflix Movies (and some TV) for April 2013 (list)
- 26 Kung Fu Movies Streaming on Netflix (list)
- 26 Must See Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix for August (list)
- 30 of the Best Action Movies Streaming on Netflix (list)
- Amazon Prime Streaming vs Netflix (comparison)
- Amazon Prime VS. Amazon Instant Video (comparison)
- Netflix And VUDU Now Available On Boxee Box, 1-month Free Trial And 1 Free HD Movie
- Netflix to Introduce User Profiles This Summer, Ergo Better Recommendations
- Netflix Updates Web Video Player
- Netflix vs Blockbuster (comparison)
- Netflix vs. VUDU (comparison)
- Netflix Weekend Must Watch: 10 Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix as of December 14, 2012 (list)
- Netflix Weekend Must Watch: 10 Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix as of December 7th, 2012
- Redbox vs. VUDU (comparison)