Exoplanets are distant worlds that do not orbit Earth’s Sun and something you might find intriguing if you plan on preordering Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth. Today details emerged about the new Civ’s preorder bonus. Buying the game in advance of its October 24th release date gets you six additional “Exoplanets” (aka maps) all of which share the names and are based off of real discovered Exoplanets.
The preorder info is quite timely, as this weekend the UK based digital retailer Green Man Gaming discount. Take 25% off Civilization: Beoyond Earth with the coupon code below, though you’ll have to act fast because it expires Monday, August 25th at 9am Pacific.
- Use Coupon: 01S6ZC-JVSB28-JRW7X4
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth — $37.50 (normally $50)
Civilization: Beyond Earth is a turn based RPG that puts you in position to founding colonies and claim them in the name of Spain… or rather “Franco-Iberia” as it will be referred to in the new game as one of eight playable factions. The new exoplanet maps are designed with unique features based on what the Firaxis development team imagined they’d look like and are listed below:
- Kepler 186f: One of the oldest known Earth-like planets. Featuring lush vegetation in the game world.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system.
- Tau Ceti d: A planet of seas and archipelagos.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, half the planet is frozen while the other half is always hot.
- 82 Eridani e: Tectonically unstable.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.