Microsoft announced Xbox One will get two updates in the coming months, one on February 11th and second one on March 4th. The February 11 update was delayed last week, but if you’re a proud owner of the Xbox One, you may want to check your console for update as it’s rolling out for the masses.
The first update brings a handful of new features and improvements for the Xbox One. With the latest update, Xbox One users can manage and see the storage space on their console, with the ability to delete game and save application data. The latest update also displays a battery percentage notification on the screen, showing users how much battery is left on their controller, as well as the support for a USB keyboard. In addition, the update brings a host of performance and stability improvements to the console.
Here’s a list of new features and improvements introduced in the February update:
- Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs
- Ability to delete game and application save data
- Improved installation and DLC management
- Addition of the controller battery power indicator
- Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat
- Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
- Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
- Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
- Separate game, application, and install queue lists
- Addition of USB keyboard support
- Improved NAT detection
- Network Troubleshooter improvements
- Blu-ray quality improvements
- Significant performance and stability improvements
As far as the roll out is concerned, it should appear on all the consoles in the coming days, so if you don’t see it right away, don’t panic. Xbox’s Larry Hryb says that the console will automatically check for updates when customers turn off their console, if the “Instant On” feature is enabled.
If you’re a proud Xbox One owner who received the update, feel free to share your experience with us using the comments below.