Get ready to ride the hype train, because you can now pre-order Elder Scrolls Online for 20% off after coupon at Green Man Gaming. The title has been available at select retailers (i.e Amazon) as early as last year September, but two nifty things happened just today:
- Details on the Imperial Edition have been officially announced on Bethesda’s Blog (there’s an age check for the blog, what the…)
Pre-Order Deals on Elder Scrolls Online:
- $48 – Standard Edition Elder Scrolls Online (normally $59.99)
- $64 - Digital Imperial Edition Elder Scrolls Online (normally $79.99)
- Use coupon H799RH-7L8NPP-RCKKT8
Lots of different pre-order incentives are available for both the Regular Edition and the Imperial Edition, but one particular interesting sticky point is the usual MMO head-start: the Imperial Edition actually gets an EARLIER head start than the Standard Edition pre-order!
If you pre-order Elder Scrolls Online, you’ll get 3 day early access head start on April 1st, 2014… but if you order the Imperial Edition (physical or digital version), you’ll get a 5 day early access head start on March 30th, 2014.
Obviously the higher ticket Imperial Edition contains more goodies than a simple 2 day jump on everyone else, but this is a pretty rare action in the world of MMO where most pre-orders regardless of the edition will get the same type of head start. For hardcore fans that must get things going as fast as possible, the Imperial Edition might be the only way to get there, short of experiencing the beta.
Pre-Order Bonuses for Regular Edition:
- 3 day early access
- 30 days included game time
- Explorer Pack which lets you play any race in any alliance
- Scuttler vanity pet
Pre-Order Bonuses for Digital Imperial Edition:
- Everything above plus a 5 day early access
- You can play as an Imperial (why Imperials are not available for standard edition is a different beast of a debate) Choose Imperial as a race and play in any alliance. You’ll get unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
- Imperial White Horse – Exclusive mount with increased spee.
- Crafting Imperial Gear – Ability to craft Imperial style gears.
- Transform Into Imperial Gear – Transform any gear you own into Imperial style
- Rings of Mara – Get XP bonus when you play together with a friend after you complete the Ritual of Mara
- Mudcrab Vanity Pet – Nuff said. Those mudcrabs you like to bash will follow you forever.
Pre-Order Bonuses for Physical Imperial Edition:
- All those above and some physical goodies.
- Molag Bal Statue – A 12-inch statue of uh, Molag Bal (he’s a Daedric dude who’s into enslavement)
- Improved Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel – 224 page illustrated guide
- Physical Map of Tamriel – A nifty 21″ by 26″ printed map of Alliance-controlled zones
- Steelbook Packaging – Limited edition steel case decorated in colors of, duh, Imperials
Is the 20% off pre-order discount incentive enough for you to pre-order? Or will you wait? What do you think about the digital content bonuses (Mudcrab pet? Come on, I want something more awesome.) Let us know in the comments!
Viet works at Dealzon.com, a deal site for techies and gamers. Run by geeks across the U.S. with an unhealthy obsession for pizza and coffee. Dealzon tracks daily prices on laptops, video games, and HDTVs. At Dealzon, we find the deals so you don't have to.