There’s a live stream going on from Lenovo via YouTube’s LA Space.
Teasing for weeks with the hashtag #BetterWay, this is Lenovo’s bigger push into the tablet space with a “flagship” Android tablet. After a brief intro from Lenovo’s executive, viewers were greeted by a short skit, showcasing Ashton Kutcher as Lenovo’s new product engineer (yup…). While the video was relatively awkward and felt forced, you’ll see snapshot of the Yoga Tablet sprinkled throughout the video.
After the promotion video, Ashton Kutcher appeared on stage and after a long speech on his tech credentials and enthusiasm for innovation and his great fit with Lenovo, the new celebrity endorser for Lenovo started introducing some key selling points of the new Lenovo Yoga Tablet.
Specs and full details are a bit light right now, but here are some key points:
Yoga Tablet Features
- 8-inch and a 10-inch model
- $249 for 8-inch, $299 for 10-inch
- 1280 x 800 IPS panel on both models
- 3 “modes” hold mode via the cylinder design, kickstand mode, and tilt mode
- 18 hours of battery life (yup), 16 hours in the 8-inch (more details on Lenovo’s methodology on battery life here)
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Aluminium alloy chassis
- 5.0 megapixel camera
- 1.2Ghz Mediatek Quad-Core MT8125
- 1GB of RAM and 16GB of storage
- Expandable storage via microSD
- Dolby Digital front-facing speakers