Sydney’s Opera House is an iconic building that is both unique and oddly attractive. To say the least, its design is unorthodox. And while LEGO has long had a version available, they’ve finally given the building something “the build” so deserves by adding it to their Creator Series.
Composed of 2,989 piece, the LEGO Sydney Opera House offers a variety of details that are apparently drawn from the real life version of the building. Just ask its designer, who is detailed in the below video and conveys his excitement with a childhood like bashfulness. Moreover, he says that it was one of the most challenging builds he’s been part of during his 6-year stint at LEGO. Moreover, the LEGO Sydney Opera House uses “new & advanced building techniques, and hard-to-find LEGO bricks, tiles, and baseplates”.
The LEGO Sydney Opera House will arrive in LEGO’s online store in September and will cost $320.
Ages 16+. 2,989 pieces.
Recreate Australia’s architectural masterpiece!
US $319.99 CA $379.99 DE 279.99€ UK 249.99 £ DK 2499.00 DKK
Recreate one of the 20th century’s most distinctive buildings with the Sydney Opera House™ model. Build the unmistakable shell roofline, waterfront forecourt and more with this authentic representation of Australia’s most iconic building. Employ a variety of new and advanced building techniques to recreate the complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing of the real thing! Collect lots of dark tan LEGO® bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes, as well as a 48×48 stud baseplate in blue for the very first time!
• Build this model of a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Includes hard-to-find dark tan LEGO® bricks, tiles and sloped bricks
• Collect the 48×48 stud baseplate, available in blue for the very first time
• Sturdy construction allows the model to be handled and moved
• Features advanced building techniques for complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing
• Measures over 11″ high, 25″ wideand 15″ deep