ARCHOS remains undaunted. The company is a tireless workhorse that continues to crank out new and exciting Android embedded mobile devices. Having turned from tablets if only for the briefest of moments, the company set it sights on Android phones with its 3G+ line of unlocked smartphones for wayward mobile users. Now it’s time to revisit the tablet tinkering biz. Yet this time ARCHOS is working on something decidedly tastier.
Introducing the ARCHOS ChefPad, a 9.7-inch tablet for the forward-thinking culinary enthusiast. The ChefPad is rocking Android 4.1 with a 1.6Ghx dual-core processor and quad-core graphics processor inside. It features front and rear-facing camera and kicks out 1080p video playback. The ChefPas is also packed with access to the unique Chef Apps Zone. There, eager chefs will find recipes, cooking tips, cooking TV and cooking assistant apps. It essentially uses a intelligent filtering technolog to herd all the cool cooking apps from Google Play into a centralized locations for your convenience.
- Chef Apps – Filters through thousands of apps to provide the best cooking content in a range of categories including recipes, drinks, shopping, cooking TV and more. Whether you are looking for dinner ideas, a good wine match, a balanced meal plan, a smoothie recipe or just for music to listen to while cooking, Chef Apps gets it done.
- Let’s Get Cooking – Designed for the kitchen, the ChefPad features a silicone case that will keep it safe from water or food splashes and is easy to clean. In addition, it includes an adjustable stand for the best viewing angle while cooking.
- Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean – Powered by an unskinned version of Android™ 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’, the ChefPad delivers an optimized and super-smooth Android™ experience.
- Google Certified – Whether among the pre-installed apps or among the thousands of downloadable apps on Google Play, the ChefPad features all the applications that matter: HD video player, email, web browsing, news, games, eBooks, weather forecast and more.
- Powerful Hardware – Equipped with a dual-core CPU @ 1.6 GHz combined with a quad-core GPU & 1GB of RAM, the ChefPad delivers on both function and performance.
- Other Key Specs:
– 9.7” 1024×768 capacitive screen
– 8GB Capacity with expandable MicroSD slot
– 2 Megapixel Front and Back Cameras
– 1080p HD Video Playback
– Mini HDMI
The 9.7” ChefPad powered by Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” will be available starting in June for $209.99 MSRP at www.ARCHOS.com.