“Hated it!” “Haters gonna hate!” “Drinking Hater-ade out of a Big Gulp…” The doubting-mustafas of the world are in no short supply of battle cries and catch phrases. So Apple AppStore why must you fan the flames of virtual “flaming” by accepting such a submission? It’s the Hater app by–wait for it–Hater App Inc. I wonder if they hate their jobs? At any rate “Hater” the app, is now available for download on the AppStore.
With it you can express your detest for all things — celebrities, politicians, musicians, bad service, companies, traffic, Twitter tweeters, classmates and a lot more. I’m a pretty positive fellow. But I like this thing. It highlights the fact there is large void when it comes to how you can express yourself negatively in social media. It’s almost as if it’s mostly geared toward product marketing of some sort *GASP*. For shame! “Like” this please. “Like” that please. What about fear and loathing? As usual they’re getting pretty lonely. At least we still have Hater.
Regardless, the Hater app lets you share your hated items with people whose hatred you respect. Here’s a list of features.
- Live streaming feed of Hates from people you follow.
- Take a photo with the Hater camera, add a filter then write a comment and share what you Hate!
- Write a Hate rant and share it with the people who follow you.
- Explore the most popular Hates!
- Share Hates anonymously under an Alter Ego.
- Instant sharing to Facebook and Twitter.
- Interact with friends by exchanging comments and Hates.
- Push notifications
- Geotag and Hashtag where and what you Hate.
- And much, much more.
Shawn loves gadgets, literature, history and games. For 10yrs+ he's straddled both the comic book & video game industries, as a writer, editor, marketing officer & producer. Shawn got his start in tech & games as an editor & Hardware Director for GameRevolution.com. More notable accomplishments include Executive Producer on mobile games Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved & The Shroud.