Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator “World’s Largest” Flash Drive (video)
CES 2013, Kingston, the monarch of storage solutions, announced the “World’s Largest Capacity USB 3.0 Flash Drive.” This is a point of personal and professional interest here. I’m skipping over to Windows 8. But as I back up files and make boot sectors and other general prep work for building my next exceptional PC on a new OS, I’ve realized I don’t now own a very sizable thumb drive. My max capacity is 3.72GB and I divorced myself from burning data DVDs long ago.
The DataTraveler HyperX Predator is a new line of flash drives that are shipping with extremely bloated capacity limits. The model available now reaches 512GB with the promise of a 1-terabyte version to hit the storage needy streets come later this year. No pricing has yet been confirmed on the 1 TB big daddy. More on that as it develops.
The DataTraveler HyperX Predator are Kingston’s new high-speed high-capacity portable storage solutions, supporting USB 2.0 and 3.0. Each is secured with a warranty spanning 5 years. Exceptional materials were used in the construction. The casing is forged from zinc alloy and is said to assist in shock resistance.
- Highest capacities: uncompromised data storage to carry your digital world on a portable USB drive
- Highest performance: unparalleled speeds to save time while transferring content rich data
- Zinc alloy metal casing: resilient protection for data in a cutting-edge design
- HyperX valet keychain: exclusive accessory for a stylish twist to portable storage
- Guaranteed: five year warranty and free technical support for added peace of mind
- Speed¹ USB 3.0: 240MB/s read and 160MB/s write USB 2.0: 30MB/s read and 30MB/s write
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Capacities²: 512GB, 1TB (later Q1)
- Dimensions: without key ring: 2.8346″ x 1.0606″ x 0.8268″ (72mm x 26.94mm x 21mm) with key ring: 3.4854″ x 1.0606″ x 0.8268″ (88.53mm x 26.94mm x 21mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- USB 3.03: latest USB standard guarantees backwards compatibility with USB 2.0
For more information on the Kingston DataTravele HyperX Predator visit www.kingston.com.