Is that a router in your pocket, or are you just happy to see us? Oh, pardon my indiscretion! It is a router in your pocket, Mr. D-Link. That’s right, network chief D-Link launches the SharePort Go II pocket router/hotspot for “families, photographers and business travelers…”
The SharPort Go II is an ambitious overachiever. It creates a mobile network serviced from the cloud. Share files between mobile devices like iPad, iPhone, laptops and other mobile devices. The nexus of such is D-Link’s free SharePort Mobile app, which grants user access to videos, music, pictures and data files on Android or App iOS devices. The device comes complete with a USB port and SD card slot for direct contact content commerce. You can even use the SharePort Go II pocket router’s USB port to charge your mobile device while on the go.
- USB Port for seamlessly viewing and synchronizing videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB storage device to any iOS or Android tablet, smartphone or computer
- SD Card Slot to sync and share music, videos, and photos to a notebook, smartphone or tablet
- Portable multi-mode wireless router for a personal wireless network of up to 300Mbps
- Wi-Fi hotspot and repeater allows users to share a single Internet connection with a number of
devices at up to 300 Mbps
- Ability to act as an Access Point to wirelessly extend the range of an existing network
- USB slot for recharging virtually any smartphone or tablet supported by USB-powered charging
- Free SharePort Mobile iOS and Android apps for tablets and smartphones
- High capacity, 4000 mAh battery that supports up to 8 hours of continuous operation
The SharePort Go II (DIR-508L) will be available in April for $119.99 throughout D-Link’s network of U.S. e-tail and retail outlets.