Amazon AutoRip: Free Digital Mp3s From Your Past, Present & Future (Video)
Amazon is making bold strides to cull their massive customer base to get in the groove. The Amazon Mp3 store is alive and kicking with a newly bloated library swelled to 21 million songs. A new Scan and Match function was added to their Cloud Player application (iOS) that can scour your local Windows Media or iTunes libraries and back your tunes up to the cloud for playback anywhere.
Amazon has now set the spotlight on Amazon AutoRip! When a customer buys any AutoRip CD from Amazon.com they will immediately have the option to download an MP3 version of that CD. Sounds great if this was 2002. We know CDs are on their last legs. Plus many print magazines have managed to stay afloat by offering free digital copies of purchased printed versions. A new idea, that is not. This sounds more like a last-ditch effort–aka liquidation. If it were it would come with the great perks mentioned below.
More on that later! Amazon is no slouch concerning cloud and web services. They began the exceedingly successful Amazon Web Service back in 2006. Now they service hundreds of the top companies and governmental groups in the country. The video below is a day-1 keynote from Dec 2012 given by Andy Jassy, Sr. Vice President of AWS.
Now– About those perks! Amazon AutoRip also grants customers free digital download copies of any CD purchased from Amazon since they launched their digital music store in 1998–15 years ago! Now that’s sweet business! Hey the company makes a compelling case for continued CD buys and acquiring their Cloud Player app.
Check out the full scope of AutoRip features below:
· Free digital copies: Amazon customers who purchase AutoRip CDs get free MP3 versions of the albums delivered directly to their Cloud Player libraries – automatically, immediately, and at no cost – no more hassling with ripping CDs and finding a way to get them onto your favorite devices.
· For CD purchases dating back to 1998: MP3 versions of AutoRip CDs that customers have purchased since the launch of Amazon’s music store in 1998 will also be delivered to their Cloud Player libraries for free.
· Enjoy everywhere: Music can be played instantly from any Kindle Fire, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPod touch, Samsung TVs, Roku, Sonos, and any web browser, giving customers the freedom to enjoy music from more devices than any other major cloud locker music service.
· Free storage and backup: All AutoRip MP3s are stored for free in customers’ Cloud Player libraries and do not count against Cloud Player storage limits. Customers can buy music and know that it is safely stored in Cloud Player and accessible from any compatible device.
· High-quality audio: AutoRip music is provided in high-quality 256 Kbps MP3 audio.