Black and Decker Matrix Modular Tool System Works with up to 6 Tools, Reduces Clutter
No job is too small, or too big. That is provided you’ve got the correct arsenal of tools. For the DIYer, though, it’s not just the monetary investment, but also the storage. Anyone living in a small New York City apartment, or with a spouse, or both, can attest to this challenge.
The Black and Decker Matrix Tool is a modular system that allows you to attach 6 different tools, enabling you to complete a variety of jobs with effectively what is one tool. The base system will be available in three versions (12V MAX, 20V MAX, and 4.0 Amp AC), with the first two boasting a lithium-ion battery that can hold a charge for up to 18-months – that latter is a plugin model.
In addition to the included the drill/driver attachment that comes with the base power unit, the 6 attachments include:
- an impact driver attachment with up to 1,300 in-lbs of torque
- an oscillating multi-tool attachment with up to 18,500 OPM (oscillations per minute)
- a jigsaw attachment with up to 2,800 strokes per minute
- a detail sander attachment
- a router attachment with up to 9,000 RPM
- a trim saw attachment
The Black and Decker Matrix 12v and 20v units will be available this October for $50 and 70 respectively. The 4.0 Amp AC base unit will arrive next January and cost $39.99.