So maybe you lack opposable thumbs (Focker), have a broken hand, or you’re just too lazy to use the virtual keyboard Apple or Google has blessed your smartphone with. If the case is such, then you’ll be pleased as punch to hear that you can now search Google simply by scribbling a hand written note. Unfortunately, you’ll have to visit Google.com, but that should really go without saying.
To activate this feature:
- You’ll need to first visit Google.com on your iOS or Android device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on settings (make sure you haven’t requested “desktop version” in Google Chrome – it won’t work).
- In settings scroll down slightly and there will be a menu that reads “Handwrite”. Select the radio button that says “enable” and then scroll down and save your setting.
- When you return back to Google.com refresh the page and a short message will cover the screen in handwritten font.
- That’s it. You can now search the web simply by scribbling here.