Pioneer Crew STZ-D1OZ-R Portable Music System
Pioneer’s Crew STZ-D1OZ-R Portable Music system isn’t your garden variety boombox. While it can house an iPod or iPhone inside a sealed enclosure the real cache is delivered in its ability to modify music for those who like to get down and boogie.
There are three models to choose from, but this version is the most powerful in the sonic department thanks to a 3-way driver design with dual 5-1/4″ subwoofers backed by 40 watts of juice. Other than that, they all boast the same music control feature set, which includes:
- A temp control that allows you to adjust the tempo the track without influencing the pitch
- A dance cue mode that lets you snap back to a select point in the track
- An auto battle mode which picks a song and announced the countdown for the 1 on 1 battle
- A dance boost mode which emphasizes the instruments
- An 8-bet skip mode which skips forward and backwards by 8 counts
Each model will be available this November, includes a remote and can be powered by battery. Unfortunately, you’ll need a PC to utilizes some of the aforementioned features, though Pioneer hasn’t made it clear which.
The Crew STZ-D1OZ-R Portable Music system will cost $499, while the lesser models will retail for $349 and $299.