UPDATED. After pressure from the FCC and thousands, if not millions of user complaints, Apple has once again allowed Google’s Voice iPhone app back into the iTunes app store and it’s available today. Features you ask?
- Cheap rates for international calls
- Free text messaging to U.S. numbers
- Voicemail transcription
- Display your Google Voice number as caller ID when making calls
- With push notifications, the app will alert you instantly when you receive a new voicemail or text message
- Most of your calls will be placed via Direct Access Numbers, making them connect just as quickly as regular phone calls
My iPhone is my only phone, but in order for the app to really pull some weight I’d need to tell all my contacts to convert my main number to my Google voice number, something I’m just not willing to do.
Update: We just d/l it and we’re having problems. The app might be a bit buggy.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."