The latest Xbox Live update is here and it includes a variety of features that will have even the most curmudgeon of Live users clapping with happy happy joy joy. According to Major Nelson the update is being randomly distributed across the globe, and its distribution will be completed over the next few hours. As always, when you turn on your Xbox and sign in you’ll be prompted to update the system. If you don’t receive this notification, be patient, because it will eventually arrive.
Don’t forget that Kinect arrives in a few days time.
It includes the following:
- Access to EPSN. You’ll be able to tap into 3500 live sporting events a year, which includes college basketball, MLB, NBA and international soccer games.
- Zune Music with Zune pass for unlimited music for a low monthly fee.
- Netflix search. Nintendo and Sony received the update last week and now Xbox users will be able to search for movies and tv shows directly on the gaming console.
- Voice chat quality has been improved.
- Updated UI for what is said to be an improved experience.
- And a few other minor updates that include a new WiFi access selection, family programming tweaking and the ability to sign-out other controllers
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."