iMovie for the iPhone is here. There’s one catch, though: it’s for the iPhone 4. But what happens if you download it on the 3Gs. I’m tempted to find out, but is it worth the $5 that Apple is asking.
Here’s the feature list:
- Tap to add or record video right into your project.
- Drag to trim the lengths of video clips and photos.
- Pinch to zoom the timeline and get a closer look.
- Slide to scrub through the video in your project.
- Choose from a selection of themes including Modern, Bright, Travel, Playful, and News.
- Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions – plus its own soundtrack.
- Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
- Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
- Select from included music that matches each iMovie theme, or select from your own song library.
- Enable ducking to automatically lower the volume of background music and highlight audio from video clips.
- Add photos from your own library, or take a picture and drop it into your project.
- Customize each photo with a unique “Ken Burns” panning effect.
- Export your movie in one of three sizes: Medium, Large, or HD.
- Share your movie on the web in a MobileMe gallery or on YouTube.
- Send your movie to friends and family in an email or via an MMS message.
- Easily sync your movie back to your computer.