Telstra Launches Their T-Hub Tablet Phone

Mobile 37 Views
T-Hub Landline Tablet Phone

2 Comments to Telstra Launches Their T-Hub Tablet Phone

  1. I purchased a Telstra T-Hub on 21 April 2010. It arrived Friday 23 April 2010. After unpacking, I followed the installation wizard to setup the unit.

    AT Stage 3, it attempts to do a software update. After a very slow download, it reports the software download failed; “Try Again” or “Exit Installation”.

    Exiting Installation is not a good idea – the unit is not fully functional. Try again often results in a lock up (only 10 seconds according to the prompt – it lies) while it attempts to restart, which it will do after a few minutes.

    Again, the next result varies, but the end result is always the same – no software update.

    I rang Telstra and was finally put through to the section that handles T-Hub problems.

    I was told that this is a known problem and reporting the issue would not result in solution.

    The consultant suggested I try various combinations of trying to update the software – all of which have not been successful. I could return the unit, but that would be a turnaround of 2 weeks with no guarantee of success.

    If I continued to try and get the update, eventually it is usually successful – “try again in the evening when there is led internet traffic”

    I do not think that this attitude is very good. I have been supplied a product with known problems and no guarantee of success. Telstra has admitted it has no solution for the problem. Telstra does not want to do anything about the problem. “Ring back if you don’t have any success”.

  2. I purchased a Telstra T-Hub on 21 April 2010. It arrived Friday 23 April 2010. After unpacking, I followed the installation wizard to setup the unit.

    AT Stage 3, it attempts to do a software update. After a very slow download, it reports the software download failed; “Try Again” or “Exit Installation”.

    Exiting Installation is not a good idea – the unit is not fully functional. Try again often results in a lock up (only 10 seconds according to the prompt – it lies) while it attempts to restart, which it will do after a few minutes.

    Again, the next result varies, but the end result is always the same – no software update.

    I rang Telstra and was finally put through to the section that handles T-Hub problems.

    I was told that this is a known problem and reporting the issue would not result in solution.

    The consultant suggested I try various combinations of trying to update the software – all of which have not been successful. I could return the unit, but that would be a turnaround of 2 weeks with no guarantee of success.

    If I continued to try and get the update, eventually it is usually successful – “try again in the evening when there is led internet traffic”

    I do not think that this attitude is very good. I have been supplied a product with known problems and no guarantee of success. Telstra has admitted it has no solution for the problem. Telstra does not want to do anything about the problem. “Ring back if you don’t have any success”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>