This morning reports trickled in from all over the web that the first map pack for Modern Warfare 2, Stimilus Package, are doing anything but. Apparently, the DLC is not only NOT working but crippling the Xbox Live service. So if you’ve downloaded the map pack here’s what you can expect according to Microsoft’s support page:
- Creating new Xbox LIVE accounts, managing those accounts, or recovering an account on a different console
- Buying downloadable items from the Xbox 360 console, Xbox.com, or Games for Windows – LIVE
- Paying for downloadable items with a credit card
- Signing into Games for Windows – LIVE on a PC
- Redeeming downloadable items with Microsoft Points, buying additional Microsoft Points, or viewing your points balance
- Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox LIVE subscriptions
- Purchase transactions using the Games for Windows LIVE client.
Fourzerotwo, a guy who works for Infinity Wards has posted a screen shot depicting the number of MW2 connections and it looks to be getting more stable.