Verizon broke new ground this week with the introduction of the Motorola DEVOUR, their first smartphone to sport MOTOBLUR. Feature wise were looking at a 3.1-inch touchscreen, touch-sensitive nav pad, Android OS, 8GB microSD card slot, Bluetooth with A2DP support, 3G connectivity, media player, WiFi, a slide out QWERTY keyboard, GPS and much more. There’s no word on a price but you can expect the street date to hit sometime in March.
MOTOROLA DEVOUR™ BRINGS MOTOBLUR™ TO VERIZON WIRELESS’ 3G DATA NETWORK
MOTOBLUR Service Gives Customers Home Screen Access to Content and Contacts
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the availability of Motorola DEVOUR™ in March. Motorola DEVOUR will be the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature MOTOBLUR™, Motorola’s unique Android™-powered content delivery service created to make wireless phones more personal and customizable.
MOTOBLUR is the first solution to sync contacts from work and personal e-mail services, including Gmail™, with posts, messages, photos and more from popular sites such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter. With MOTOBLUR, content is automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams.
· Touch-sensitive navigation pad
· 3.1” capacitive touch screen
· Pre-loaded applications such as Gmail, Google Talk™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™ with Google Maps Navigation.
· Android Market™ gives users access to more than 20,000 applications.
· Happenings Widget – MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on the home screen. Customers can flick through the latest updates and fire back responses using the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
· Universal Inbox – MOTOBLUR gathers texts, social network messages and e-mails into one home screen widget for quick response.
· Back-Up and Security – Contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed up automatically on the secure MOTOBLUR portal. The portal also allows customers to use the phone’s fully integrated aGPS to help locate the phone if misplaced. Remote wipe easily clears information from a lost device.
· 8 GB microSD™ card pre-installed
· Bluetooth® profiles supported: A2DP, HID, HSP, HFP, AVRCP and GAP
· To get the most from Motorola DEVOUR, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and a Data Package for smartphones. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access, and Nationwide Talk & Text plans begin at $59.99 monthly access. A Data Package for smartphones is $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of Motorola DEVOUR in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.