iTunes 9.0.2 just hit Apple’s software update and from what I can see there aren’t really any massive improvements, but then again hence the .0.2 iteration. So what are we looking at? They’ve probably issued a patch that prevents Palm’s PRE from syncing with iTunes, at least that is according to some reports floating around in the blogosphere. And so the battle will rage on. Full feature list below.
iTunes 9.0.2 adds support for Apple TV software version 3.0, adds an option for a dark background for Grid View, and improves support for accessibility.
iTunes 9 comes with many new features and improvements, including:
- An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more. iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration. iTunes LP and iTunes
- Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more — available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store. Home Sharing helps you manage your family’s iTunes collection between computers in your home.
- iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.
- Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.
- iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes.
- Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.
- iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.
- Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009). iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."