On Sunday, Verizon and Novatel will officially launch their PC770 2-in-1 PC Card and Express Broadband Card. It’s not exactly the gadget news that we all lust after, but since it might solve a purchase decision for those working in the IT business, it’s worth a mention. If you’d like to buy one you can grab it for $99.99 after a 2-year contract signing at Verizon Wireless’ website this Sunday or give them a ring a ding. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until August 2nd when it will show up in store.
Full release after the ‘leap’
VERIZON WIRELESS INTRODUCES NOVATEL WIRELESS PC770
Versatile 2-in-1 PC Card Provides High-Speed Mobile Broadband to Access the Internet, E-mail and Download Files While On the Go
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and Novatel Wireless (NASDAQ: NVTL), a leading provider of wireless broadband solutions, today announced that the PC770 2-in-1 PC Card and Express Card will be available on Sunday at www.verizonwireless.com, through business sales channels and by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN. The PC770 gives customers access to Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband service, which provides fast access to e-mail, corporate data, the Internet and more.
· Runs on Verizon Wireless’ high-speed network, which uses Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) technology
· Uses NovaSpeed™ technology that enables high-speed simultaneous uploads and downloads
· Includes VZAccess Manager software for easy connection management and automatic installation
· 2-in-1 card includes an adapter so the PC770 can be used with an ExpressCard or a PC peripheral interface slot and is compatible with both PC and Mac notebook computers
· Ideal for individuals and organizations making the transition from PC Cards to the newer ExpressCard format
· Addresses the flexibility that enterprise customers require in their mobile broadband solutions
Price and availability:
· The PC770 will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Aug. 2. It will be available for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· For additional information on any Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers may contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the PC770 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Novatel Wireless
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a leader in the design and development of innovative wireless broadband access solutions based on 3G and 4G WCDMA (HSPA & UMTS), CDMA and GSM technologies. Novatel Wireless’ USB modems, embedded modules, Intelligent Mobile Hotspot products and software enable high-speed wireless Internet access on leading wireless data networks. The Company delivers specialized wireless solutions to carriers, distributors, OEMs and vertical markets worldwide. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Novatel Wireless is listed on NASDAQ: NVTL. For more information please visit www.novatelwireless.com. (NVTLG)
This release may contain forward-looking statements, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended to date. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements contained herein. These factors include risks relating to technological changes, new product introductions, continued acceptance of Novatel Wireless’ products and dependence on intellectual property rights. These factors, as well as other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, are discussed in more detail in Novatel Wireless’ filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (available at www.sec.gov) and other regulatory agencies.