You’ve been waiting for it and yup, it’s finally here! UltrasnOw for the iPhone 3G running software 3.0 is available for download. Remember, you’ll need to Jailbreak your phone first and don’t even try to do this on your 3GS. In case you ain’t heard, Ultrasn0w unlocks the iPhone enabling it to work with any GSM carrier, such as T-Mobile.
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."