Just a quick reminder that Apple will release iPhone 3.0 OS tomorrow, June 17th. To reiterate, expect the following features:
- Push notification for applications. That means you can get an IM and not have the app running. Sweet and finally
- Copy and paste. Double tap on some text and you’ll get a pop up for ‘cut, copy or paste.’ Double tap again and your clipboard will display allowing you to paste from a selection.
- Google and Yahoo calendar support, perhaps among others
- iPhone Spotlight (like on the Mac) lets you search the iPhone’s contents (the app must support it, though)
- Search in mail, calendar and iPod. This has long been available in the phonebook, so they’re just porting it over
- 3G tethering
- Landscape keyboard in mail and other applications it was not previously available in
- A2DP (stereo) Bluetooth so you can stream your tunes to compatible devices
- Turn-by-turn directions in Google Maps
- VoIP communication with gamers over WiFi – you can talk to them Xbox style
- Rumble pack functionality for games
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."