Verizon will begin to sell the HTC Touch Diamond tomorrow for the price of $300 after a $70 mail-in-rebate and 2-year contract signing. In case you forgot – you know, because the HTC Touch Diamond has been out for like forever – it includes a 2.76-inch touchcsreen, Opera browser, 3.2MP camera, microSD card slot, Windows Mobile 6.1 with HTC TouchFlo and support for Microsoft Exchange.
Full release after the ‘leap’
HTC TOUCH DIAMOND AVAILABLE ON NATION’S MOST RELIABLE WIRELESS NETWORK
HTC Smartphone Delivers Advanced Technology with a Stylish Design to Business Professionals
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and BELLEVUE, Wash. – Verizon Wireless and HTC Corporation today announced that the HTC Touch Diamond™ will be available tomorrow through business sales channels and online at www.verizonwireless.com. The ideal productivity tool for busy professionals, the HTC Touch Diamond combines a fashionable mobile design with the added benefit of the nation’s most reliable voice and data network for fast e-mail and Internet connectivity.
Available color: Black
· Brilliant 2.76-inch touch screen display for navigating Web pages on the built-in Opera browser
· 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera
· microSD™ card slot that can support up to 16 GB of memory for extra storage of pictures, videos and music
· Customers can choose either the familiar Windows Mobile® home screen or the intuitive HTC TouchFLO™ 3D user interface
· Supports the Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional platform and integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office applications
· Visual Voice Mail to help customers prioritize their messages
· VZ NavigatorSM-capable to provide customers with audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and get directions to any address in the U.S. and share the directions with others
· Mobile IM to stay connected to colleagues when away from the office
· The HTC Touch Diamond will be available for $299.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· VZ Navigator is available for $9.99 monthly access, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.
· For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representatives.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the HTC Touch Diamond in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 80 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Founded in 1997, HTC Corporation (HTC) designs innovative, feature rich smartphones. Since its establishment, HTC has developed strong R&D capabilities, pioneered many new designs and product innovations and launched state-of-the-art PDA Phones and smartphones for mobile operators and distributors in Europe, the US, and Asia. These machines are available as HTC devices and as products individually customized for operator and device partners.
HTC is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile device market. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com.
HTC Touch Diamond and TouchFLO are the trademarks of HTC Corporation in the United States and other countries. The other names of companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
HTC Touch Diamond from Verizon Wireless
The HTC Touch Diamond™ from Verizon Wireless is the ideal productivity tool for busy professionals, and combines a fashionable mobile design with the added benefit of the nation’s most reliable voice and data network for fast e-mail and Internet connectivity.
The HTC Touch Diamond will be available beginning April 10, 2009 through business sales channels and online at www.verizonwireless.com. It will cost $299.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· microSD™ memory card slot (supports up to 16 GB of memory)
· 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera
· Video capture
· Compatible with Microsoft Outlook, POP3 and IMAP4 e-mail, SMS, Mobile IM
· Intuitive HTC TouchFlo™ 3D interface
· Touch screen keyboard
· CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Revision A (Rev. A) 800/1900 MHz
· 1xRTT/IS95 A/B 800/1900 MHz
· Bluetooth® 2.0 with EDR and A2DP stereo
· WiFi®: 802.11 b/g
· Processor: Qualcomm MSM7500A 528MHz
· Operating System: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
· Memory: 256 MB ROM, 192 MB RAM
· Dimensions: 4.0” x 2.1” x .58”
· Weight: 4.2 ounces (with battery)
· Display: 2.76” (diagonal) VGA touch screen
· Battery: 1340 mAh LiIon
· Talk Time: up to five hours
· Standby Time: up to 15 days
Verizon Wireless Services
· Visual Voice Mail-capable – prioritize voice mail messages
· VZ NavigatorSM-capable – provide customers with audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and get directions to any address in the U.S. and share the directions with others
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."