In a “it’s about freakin’ time!” moment, Nintendo finally added SDHC (up to 32GB) support to their Wii console. In addition to the SDHC support, the System Menu 4.0 update allows you to download and launch games directly from a SD or SDHC card.
Now, that’s great news for the general public but not so much for the hackers as it squashes the twilight hack and breaks much of the homebrew applications.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- The Wii console can now use SDHC (SD High Capacity) Cards with a maximum of 32GB of storage.
- The SD Card Menu, which allows you to launch titles directly from an SD or SDHC Card, is added to the Wii menu.
- The Wii Shop Channel will now allow you to download titles directly to an SD or SDHC Card.
- The Wii console’s Data Management menu has been enhanced to make it easier to copy and move stored items on an SD Card or the Wii console’s system memory.
- There are other behind-the-scenes enhancements to the Wii console system menu included with Wii Menu 4.0