The Tesla S Sedan was officially unveiled here in sunny LA today. So what can you expect from the $50,000 all electric vehicle?
- The car will be avaiable in 2011
- 0-60 is currently spec’d at 5.5 seconds
- It will have a 300 mile range but for long distance trips bigger or long distance batteries can be leased
- Partial charging of the batteries (percent unknown) will take 45 minutes
- Expect the batteries to last about 7-10 year
- 3-4 year warranty
- 2 LCD screen: 1 for the driver and 1 in the center console (the UI looks convoluted)
- 7 seats: 5 in forward facing and 2 flip up in the back
- There will be Sport and AWD versions
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."