Boxee may have officially removed Hulu support (even though you can get the hookup via RSS), but for the die hard fans out there you’ll be pleased to hear that they’ve released an iPhone app. It works over your network’s WiFi and let’s you control Boxee in two ways: gesture and button mode. As their description states, button mode is pretty self-explanatory, but gesture mode, well, just read what they said below. I’m assuming it works with more than just an Apple TV, right?
- the boxee remote app has two modes: Gesture and Buttons
- in the Gesture mode you need to hold down your thumb and move it around in order to navigate.
- clicking on the boxee logo acts as Select/Play/Pause
- dragging the boxee logo to the edges of the screen will act as a continuous up/down/left/right
- clicking in an input field will open up the iPhone Qwerty keyboard and will enable you to easily enter text
- the app works over WiFi, so make sure the WiFi on your iPhone is turned on