Hold on to your hat, because Audioengine is about to knock it off with the AW2. The just released, handy little device plugs directly into your iPod (should work with the iPhone but you might experience some GSM annoyance), is powered by the dock connection and wirelessly transmits CD quality audio to the included receiver, which by the way appears to be an AW1 in hiding (I loved). Setup is super simple and Audioengine has even included headphone and RCA cords to get you going. The only downside is that the receiver requires power, which means an outlet needs to be in reasonable close reach given the cordless power plug.
The AW2 is available here for $169
Hopefully we can score a pair for review, so keep an eye out.
- Use your iPod for total wireless music control
- Quick setup, Receiver included
- Super-compact size, no batteries needed
- No separate remote or base station needed
- Uncompressed CD-quality digital transmission
- No dropouts, static or interference
- Wi-Fi technology beats Bluetooth and FM
- No DRM restrictions, plays all your music
- HOP feature works with up to 8 receivers