What is it: The Addonics NAS adapter turns any USB hard drive into a NAS enabled device. What does that mean? Basically, it turns your USB hard drive into a network device so you can access it from anywhere on the network
Features: USB to ethernet adapater, LED status lights, built-in bittorrent client, DHCP server/client, web-based management
- Convert any USB 2.0 / 1.1 mass storage device into a Network Attached Storage device
- Great for adding Addonics Storage Tower, Storage Rack or any Addonics USB storage device onto the network
- Great for creating a custom Network Attached Storage appliance.
- USB port can be used to power most 2.5″ USB hard drives or any low powered USB storage device.
- Support Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps.
- Simple to install
- Small and light weight. Size slightly longer than a C size battery. Can be installed practically anywhere
- Can be set as DHCP server or client.
- Support Samba server for up to 64 concurrent clients.
- Support FTP server for up to 8 concurrent users.
- Can be set as a print server to attach any USB printer to the network
- Built-in Bit Torrent client for direct download to the attached USB storage device
- Can be set as a UPnP AV server to share photo/music files stored on the file server with XBOX 360 video game consoles connected to the LAN
- User management to allow read only or read/write access to folders
- Administrative management access via web browser with password security.
- Compatible with all Windows OS, Mac OS, Linux 2.6.x and above