Two weeks back Dell’s website leaked Pharos latest handsets, the Traveler 117 and 127. Well my friends, here they are in all their glory, or lack there of. There’s not a ton of tidbits to salivate over, but they both look to be solid smartphones with a heavy focus on GPS, since that seems to be Pharos’ bread and butter.
Contrary to original reports, both devices sport touchscreen and both have voice prompted turn-by-turn GPS navigation. The 117 boasts a 2.8-inch screen sans keyboard, where as the 127 includes a full QWERTY keyboard and a 2.3-inch screen. The Pharos 117 and 127 will be available from all major retailer on December 1st for $530. Check the below for the other specage.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM7201-90, 400MHz
- Memory: 256MB Flash ROM, 128MB SDRAM
- Phone: unlocked GSM quad band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, EDGE / GPRS
- 3.5G tri band 850/1900/2100 MHz, UMTS 384Kb/s, HSDPA 7.2Mb/s, HSUPA 2Mb/s
- Talk time: up to 4 hours talk time and 200 hours standby time
- GPS: NMEA0183/AGPS compatible
- Wireless: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth™ v2.0+EDR
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel camera for picture or video; 0.3 megapixel front camera for video conferences
- Battery: 1410 mAh Li-Ion, rechargeable/replaceable
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Size: 4.44” (L) x 2.28” (W) x 0.60” (T)
- Display: 2.8″ Resistive TFT LCD, 480 x 640 VGA with 18-bit 262K color capability
- Size: 4.57” (L) x 2.44” (W) x 0.60” (T)
- Display: 2.5″ TFT LCD with touch panel, 320 x 240 QVGA with 16-bit 65K colors
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."