As rumored, the lastest iPhone firmware update hit today, 2.2. So what’s included in this update? The major upgrades are Google street view, share location via email, public transit info, walking directions and podcast downloads direct to device from iTunes.
Update: To use street view, tap the man in the red circle icon
- Google street view
- Public transit and walking directions
- Display address of dropped pins
- Share location via emai
- Resolved issues with scheduled fetching of email
- Improved formatting of wide HTML email (this always bothered me)
- Improved stability and performance of Safari
- Podcast downloads over WiFi and cell network
- Decrease in call setup failures and call drops
- Improved sound quality in voicemail
- Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first screen
- Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings
To grab the update just plugin and go to town.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."