By now you’ve probably downloaded the iPhone’s newest Firmware update, 2.0. If you’re like me, you want ‘push’ email not ‘pull’ or ‘fetch’ email. For those that don’t know what Push email is, it means the email will be ‘pushed’ to your phone as soon as it’s sent, pending any network delays. Anyway, I found a service that does it for free. Instead of letting friends, family, etc know about the new email address, just forward all your other account(s) to your new PUSH account.
- Go here and sign up for a free account
- Once registered you’ll then need to configure your iPhone
- Go to Settings>Mail>Add Account>Microsoft Exchange
- For the following fields:
- Email: email@example.com
- Server: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com
- Username: username_mail2web.c
- Password: yourpassword
- Use SSL: On (this should configure itself)
Once the above steps are completed the server should verify your account and you’ve got FREE push email
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."