Buy now there’s a million Apple wannabes shaking in their pants from 3G iPhone fever. The new iPhone launches on July 11, 2008 and will cost $199 and $299 for the 8GB and 16GB respectively. All I really care about is the software upgrade so I can get me some apps.
Today, AT&T launched a page detailing pricing and more about the 3G iPhone. Here’s what you should know:
There are 4 plans available for the 3G iPhone and they all include unlimited data: $70, $90, $110, $130
- $70 – 450 Anytime minutes, 5000 Weekend/Night minutes
- $90 – 900 Anytime minutes, Unlimited Weekend/Night minutes
- $110 – 1,350 Anytime minutes, Unlimited Weekend/Night Minutes
- $130 – Unlmited Anytime and Weekend minutes
As for text packages (ya, the above plans don’t include any) expect 3 options
- 200 msgs – $5/month
- 1500 msgs – $15/month
- Unlimited msgs – $20/month
- $0.20 msg for no plan
The actual 3G iPhone handset’s cost will vary depending on your current plan or service
- For new customers it will be $199 and $299 for an 8GB and 16GB respectively
- Those whoe are eligible for an upgrade will pay the same as new customers + $18 upgrade fee
- Those who aren’t eligible for an upgrade will pay $399 and $499 for the 8GB and 16GB respectively + $18 upgrade fee
- Eventually Apple/AT&T will roll out a ‘no commitment option’ and charge $600 and $700 for the 8GB and 16GB respectively.
There’s also Family plans, but I am not gonna go into those.
Remember, download the iReady checklist to expedite your purchase time at an AT&T or Apple store. It’s available here
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."