We saw this design in a concept recently and now it’s reality. Starting June 16th, Verizon will offer the LG Decoy, which includes an integrated Bluetooth headset that fits snuggly into the back of the slider phone. The included headsets stand by time is 80 hours and 2 hours of talk. No official word on how it charges but I assume its all integrated.
The LG Decoy will be available at Verizon Wireless’ online store for $179.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate.
Product page here
Complete specs and press release after the ‘leap’
- V CAST Video-capable – download or stream video from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more
- V CAST Music-capable – access more than 3 million full-length songs from well-known and independent artists that can be purchased and downloaded over-the-air directly to the phone
- Music player – for .mp3, .wma, .aac and unprotected .aac+ files
microSD™ card memory port – with up to 8 GB support with an optional memory card
- VZ NavigatorSM-capable – get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location, and share directions with others.
- Customers in 75 cities from coast to coast can access information about traffic incidents on major roadways, obtain traffic updates and find detours around traffic congestion and accidents
- Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Mobile Web-capable – customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Mobile Web Email – access MSN® Hotmail®, America Online® and Yahoo!® accounts to exchange e-mail
- Bluetooth capabilities
- Supports Version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Integrated Bluetooth headset for voice and for music
- Support for headsets, hands-free car kits, dial-up networking, advanced audio distribution (stereo), phone book access, basic printing, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, and basic imaging
- Supports multiple Bluetooth connections – connect up to two Bluetooth devices to have one on standby
- Ability to send all contacts and calendar events via Bluetooth
- Print and send user-generated pictures (.jpeg)
- 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder
- Camera resolutions: 1600 x 1200 (default), 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240 pixels
- Video resolutions: 320 x 240, 176 x 144 (default) pixels
- Image Editor: zoom, rotate, crop
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Mobile IM and chat capabilities
- Display: Large 2.2” mirror-like LCD, 262K Color TFT, 240 x 320 pixels
- One-touch speakerphone
- Speaker-independent voice commands
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA
- Data Transmission: High-Speed EV-DO
- Hearing aid compatibility (M3/T3)
- Dimensions: 4.01” (h) x 1.97” (w) x 0.67” (d)
- Weight: 4.05 ounces
- SAR: head 1.22 W/kg, body 0.718 W/kg
- Handset battery times:
- Usage: Up to 230 minutes or
- Standby: Up to 330 hours
- Headset battery times:
- Usage: Up to 2 hours or
- Standby: Up to 80 hours
VERIZON WIRELESS AND LG INTRODUCE WORLD’S FIRST WIRELESS PHONE WITH BUILT-IN DETACHABLE BLUETOOTH HEADSET
Stylish LG Decoy™ Offers Convenience of Hands-free Conversations
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) announced the availability of LG Decoy™ – a stylish slider phone that integrates a Bluetooth® hands-free headset into its sleek design. Available today, Decoy is the first mobile phone with a built-in detachable Bluetooth wireless headset.
Decoy’s compact integrated Bluetooth headset has a discreet docking port on the back of the phone for convenient storage. In addition to its unique design feature, the fashionable phone sports a two-tone finish with a glossy front, a satin back, and a 2.2” mirror-like LCD screen. The phone also comes with a five-way directional joystick to make navigating through all of the hottest multimedia features from Verizon Wireless even easier. Plus, Decoy operates on the Verizon Wireless network, the nation’s most reliable wireless network, to ensure that customers are able to count on their phones to place their calls and access all their favorite multimedia features easily and in more places.
LG Decoy will be available beginning on June 16 for $179.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a new two-year customer agreement through Verizon Wireless’ online store at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 82,000 people working in over 110 operations including 81 subsidiaries around the world. With 2007 global sales of USD 44 billion, LG is comprised of four business units – Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. LG is the world’s leading producer of mobile handsets, flat panel TVs, air conditioners, front-loading washing machines, optical storage products, DVD players and home theater systems. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world’s leading provider of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and growing its international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."