[singlepic=321,460,380,,]HTC announced their newest phone today, the Touch Diamond. It of course has some iPhone similarities, such as the coverflow option and an integrated YouTube function. The weather widget (if you wanna to call it that) looks pretty neat, and features a wind shield wiper across the screen to indicate rain. Also included is GPS, HSDPA and WiFi – the first time they’ve all been included in a mobile handset!
The HTC Touch Diamond will be available in Europe (on Orange) starting June 2008, and will hit Asia and the Middle East later this quarter. US shores should expect the phone the second half of 2008, with no official date announced. No word on pricing.
- Size: 102 x 51 x 11.33mm
- Weight: 110 g
- Connectivity: WCDMA / HSDPA: 900/2100MHz. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA
- Operating system: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Display: 2.8-inch VGA touch screen
- Camera: 3.2MP, with video calling
- Internal memory: 4 GB Internal Storage, 256 MB flash, 192 MB RAM, Bluetooth: 2.0 with EDR
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11b/g
- GPS: GPS/AGPS
- Interface: HTC ExtUSBTM (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0 High-Speed)
- Battery: 900 mAh
- Talk time: GSM: up to 4 hours
- Standby time: GSM: up to 300 hours/100 hours with push email
- Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM 7201ATM 528MHz
European product info here.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."