Sansa can now boast the biggest Flash Memory based MP3 on the market. No doubt that Apple will release its 8GB Nano in Q4, but until then Sansa can sing away. The MP3 player, based on the e200 line, also includes a microSD memory card slot increasing total capacity to 10GB. The e280 will cost $250, and with its release includes a price reduction on the other e200 models: the e250 (2gb), e260 (4gb), and e270 (6gb) will cost $140, $179, and $220 respectively.
Other features include:
- An open (non-proprietary) digital rights management system that allows users to purchase songs or access subscription download services from numerous sources
- Photo and video capability facilitated through SansaSansa Media Converter, which enables a superior customer experience
- Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording 3
- Voice recording with a builmicrophone
- Sleek, thin design with large 1.8″ TFT color screen for easy viewing and advanced navigational features within an easy to interface
- User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life 4
- Scratch resistant alloy metal back casing provides exceldurability
- Multi-pin universal connector for future accessory upgrades, battery charging and USB connectivity
- Simple to use, backlit controls for fast device interface navigation
SanDisk boosts Sansa MP3 player capacity to 8GB [DigiTimes]
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."