Everyone loves a good NES mod. Whether it’s a Mac Mini NES or a NES DVD player.
VintageComputing has managed to cram a CyberHome CH-DVD 300 DVD player into an old school NES case. The cooler points?
- NES Power button turns DVD player on / off
- NES Reset button ejects DVD tray
- Infrared port (in 1st player controller port) for remote control
- RCA stereo audio output jacks where old Nintendo video / mono RCA jacks were
- S-Video and RCA composoite output by old RF output
Where did they lose cool points? The lack of component output. A man needs his 480p.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."