Sony Ericsson has released a new press release on the Sony Ericsson P990 revealing new details on the smartphone. The P990, which was first announced in October 2005, is due out in Q2 of 2006.
The updated feature list includes:
- Business Card Scanner — using the 2 megapixel camera and character recognition, the P990 will be able to create contacts from a business card!
- Enhanced Push Email Services — including support for RIM’s BlackBerry Connect
- Stereo Bluetooth — listen to stereo music over Bluetooth 2.0 headsets. The P990 supports MP3, AAC and AAC+ formats.
- FM Radio — with RDS support
- 3D Games — support for 3D Java games using hardware accelerator
The P990 will be released in two varieties: the P990i for Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and the P990c for Mainland China.
For the complete feature list, check out the official press release.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."