NVIDIA has announced a powerful mobile GPU, the NVIDIA GoForce 5500. The GoForce 5500 is design to bring powerful video processing to mobile devices while saving on battery life by offloading processing from the core processor.
The GoForce 5500 promises:
- Digital TV – Support for popular standards like DVB-H, ISDB-T and DMB
- 3D gaming – OpenGL ES with 2.6M triangles per second and an unprecedented 200M pixels per second
- Video Playback – 30 FPS and support for standards like H.264 and WMV9
- Sound – High bit rate MP3, AAC and AAC+ playback at up to 320kbits/sec with equalizer effects and cross-fading
- Photos – Up to 10 megapixel images
All this with resolutions up to 1024 x 768. Cell phones may never be the same again.