The guys over at DAPreview took an in depth look at the Neuros 442 PVP, and for the most part liked what they saw. They did note that the screen was not the best, but assured that its build quality was solid enough to take an accidental 3 foot drop on to a hardwood floor. Even neater is that you can drop some extra green backs and make the player open source. Sounds like the battery life (5 hours video, 9 hours audio) is a little on the weak side, but that may be in part due to the 16:9 3.6″ color screen. Notably, the Neuros 442 doesn’t come with a dock or remote, has a 40GB hard drive, and weighs about twice as much as an iPod.
Head over to DAPReview for their full review.
Available at Buy.com and other retailers for around $340.
Product site here (if it will ever load).
Specs as noted by DAPReview:
- Plays back MP3/ADPCM/WMA/AAC-LC
- View images in JPEG/GIF/BMP
- 40GB hard drive (Approx. 10,000 songs, 150 hours of video, or 20,000 high resolution photos)
- 3.6â€? 65,000 TFT screen
- Powerful dual core CPU
- Supports MPEG4/DivX 3.11/2.0/5.0//WMV v9
- Video Out (Both NTSC and PAL supported)
- USB 2.0, SD card slot, Line in and line out, and DC Jack
- Battery life rated at 5 hours of video or 9 hours of audio
- Price: $ 369 US