The MacBook Pro features Intel dual core processors. According to Apple the MacBook should be 4 to 5 times faster than the G4 Powerbooks. Holy crap.
The initial MacBook will ship with a 15.4″ screen (1440 x 900 resolution) and is a little bit thinner than the 17″.
The initial configurations will be:
- 1.67 Ghz Core Duo Processors, 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM, 80 GB hard drive – $1,999
- 1.83 Ghz Core Duo Processors, 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM, 100 GB hard drive – $2,499
- ATI Radeon X1600 with 256 MB memory
- 667 MHz Bus
- SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Dual-link DVI
- IR sensor for Apple Remote
- Scrolling TrackPad, Illuminated Keyboard
- Built-in Airport Extreme (802.11g), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- FireWire 400, 2 USB 2.0 ports
My favorite new feature? The new Power Adapter will be magnetically held in. Now when someone trips over your cable? It pops out. Trust me, a big deal. I went through 3 Power Adapters on my Powerbook so far.
Taking order today. Shipping in February.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."